• Welcome to Tattoos Anonymous! A friendly community for meeting people who love tattoos and body art. Ad-free and uncensored. Click here to join us!

New Owned Site...

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
Remember Friends For Sale? Owned? Pets? Welcome to Ownd, based upon those old social networking games. Members buy other members to increase their value and when members are bought away from members their cash increases. Members work their way up a leaderboard and make new friends in the process.

Revised Original Post:
I'm learning some newer development stuff and in doing so I'm creating a new site. It wasn't intended for actual use, but to learn. I had the idea of creating an Owned site... basically a social network based around the game of Owned or Friends For Sale (old Facebook games).

These are just the features:
  • Buy and drop members.
  • Leaderboards showing the top players.
  • Profiles similar to how the Owned profiles were on my previous sites (comments + some stats) plus some additional profile info and uploaded pictures.
  • Private messaging that works like a chat and can stay open as you click around the site.
  • Friends system, like the good old days. Friend requests gets sent and accepted or rejected.
  • Public chat rooms, which again can stay open as you click around the site. Plus it can be opened from any page (without the page changing). It would eventually have chat commands and probably chat themes again (Smurfs, etc.).
  • Forums since that would help confused people who are like "WTF is Owned?". Plus so people can report problems.
  • Some fun stuff, like pick your text color and an icon.
See the development evolution in posts below.

Edit: Site taken offline since KrackSocial is back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
Not super exciting yet... still under construction.

Profile:
localhost_4200_(Galaxy S5) (3).png

Messaging Someone:
localhost_4200_(Galaxy S5).png

There might also be a dedicated page for private messaging, but on a desktop this stays open as you go to different pages so you aren't stuck on just one. It acts like a chat room, but one on one.

Member List:
localhost_4200_(Galaxy S5) (4).png

Needs ways to filter members. "Send" changes to "Chat" when the member is online and when tapping it it opens the message chat like the screenshot above -- no changing pages or losing your place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
localhost_4200_profile_Inked(iPhone 6_7_8 Plus).png

Lots of work still to do but some dark theme changes. What's cool is editing your profile and saving the changes doesn't reload the page, it just updates the information shown. Same with picking a cover image (by using the theme button) and even uploading and removing pictures. It ends up feeling like a native mobile app or desktop application.

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
localhost_4200_(iPhone 6_7_8 Plus).png

I'm working on the public chat. Look at all those people chatting! Just like 2011. It's just a placeholder. Public rooms can be used from any page because it slides out and on a computer it can stay open as you move around the site. Only thing I've done so far with it is the room selector, but I think it looks good.

No idea yet how well this will work on a phone but this is supposed to be the size of an iPhone 5 which isn't a big phone:
localhost_4200_(iPhone 5_SE).png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
Because every site I create has to have a bling icon and cover image...
localhost_4200_profile_inked(iPhone 6_7_8) (1).png

Tapping Cover or Icon shows a slider where a cover or icon can be selected. The icon displays to the left of your username in various places on the site.

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
I'll probably have this done in 2-3 weeks.. maybe sooner. The hard part is over, which is getting the framework and authentication part of it done and figuring out the best way to structure it. No idea on name yet.

Here's some more screenshots...
localhost_4200_profile_inked(iPhone 6_7_8).png

Menu opens when clicking/tapping one of your own photos. It also puts the blue border around it so you know which one is selected.

localhost_4200_profile_inked(iPhone 6_7_8) (2).png

When tapping the "Upload" button it turns into a "Cancel" button and it displays the upload box, which can be clicked/tapped to select photos or photos can be dragged and dropped on it. Photos upload right there and then the list refreshes. No page changes.

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
The site will be alive. One of the benefits of the framework (Angular) is things react to changes. For example, you're looking at someone's profile and they make a change to it. They change their text color, their about me, change their cover image, whatever, and you see it change. It changes right before you. Same with chat. They sent some messages in chat but leave to change their text color, you see their color change right away in chat. The entire site works like that.

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
People can be filtered clicking/tapping the dashed underlined text...
localhost_4200_(iPhone 5_SE) (6).png

Example.. clicking/tapping the age range opens:
localhost_4200_(iPhone 5_SE) (5).png

A neat little slider! Drag handles to change age range. And like everything else, once OK button is pressed the members list updates without reloading the page.

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
When editing your profile, the location field is an autocomplete field -- it'll show you choices based on what you're typing in. This will allow finding people nearby at some point in the future when there's enough members that it makes sense.
localhost_4200_profile(iPhone 6_7_8 Plus).png

Private messages list using the light theme (default):
localhost_4200_messages(iPhone 5_SE) (7).png

S = sent, but unread. R = read.

Clicking/tapping reply opens up the private message conversation, which works like real-time 1 on 1 chat:
localhost_4200_messages(iPhone 5_SE) (8).png

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
Profile comments...

localhost_4200_profile_somehotgirl(iPhone 5_SE) (2).png

You edit them in place. Currently others don't see the changes without re-visiting the profile :( Not sure if that will be fixed before or after this goes live. New comments do show up right away and changes to the user (thumbnail, color, etc).

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
Comments now update in front of anyone looking at them when someone edits them or likes/unlikes them.

And friends... it's the friends system. Member 1 sends member 2 a friend request and can optionally include a note with it. Member 2 then has to approve it or deny it. There's no following system and won't be. If you're looking at a members profile and they send you a friend request, their profile will update in front of you to show that.

Basic friends list where you can click/tap their username to view their profile or click one of the buttons to chat or delete the friend connection:
localhost_4200_friends(iPhone 5_SE) (1).png

The time is the last time they were online, not when the friend request/connection was made. Pending shows when the friend request is pending waiting for either you or them to approve it.

I bought a domain for it yesterday. I have a name for this now. It's Ownd. Not a .com TLD though, but one that's appropriate.

OP
OP
Inked

Inked

Ink Lover
Tattoos
1-5
I've been setting up the server and deployment process most of the day. The site is not usable yet, but you can see my profile: ownd.app/profile/inked. Most stuff can't be seen without first logging in. The home page will be open, but currently just redirects to the login page if not logged in.

Last edited: